Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm not a shopper!

After fights in Hong Kong and Taiwan, I guess it is to be expected. The Singapore distributors of the eco-friendly "I'm Not a Plastic Bag" have cancelled the launch of the designer bag.

The "On Pedder" store in Ngee Ann City was to released the bag on 18 August but the store said it had decided not to go ahead with the launch. And they are not alone. Retailers in Beijing, Shanghai and Jakarta have also cancelled the bag launch. Following the stampede at its launches in Hong Kong and Taiwan earlier this month where shoppers pushed and shoved to get their hands on the bag, some shoppers exactly landed in hospital. Hospital stay for shopping! I guess some women are right; shopping is a sport!

Let I say this upfront: I am a guy who hate shopping with a passion. Why would anyone want to pay $25 for 1 bag is a question I can't answer. Why is a bag so wonderful that you will risk a stay at the hospital? Please, someone tell me?

Comment please.

No comments: