Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Review of Transformers

When I heard that they were making a live-action Transformer movie, my first thought was, "I have to see how bad it is." After hearing that Micheal Bay is directing the movie, my already low view of the movie became even lower. After watching the movie, I am glad (very, very glad) to say that the Transformer franchise have a movie worthy of the name.

Starring Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky, the story center of the war between the Autobots and Decepticons for the map to the Allspark. Yes, the film's story has almost nothing to do with the cartoon but who cares? You watch to see Optimus Prime transform from robot to trailer and back. It is smooth! The CGI people deserved a oart if the movie's profit because they did a great job.

My only complaint is that there were too few Transformers in the movie. The Autobots has Optimus Prime, Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet; the Decepticons has Megatron, Blackout, Starscream, Sconponok, Frenzy, Barricade, Bonecrusher and Devastator. (In case you are wondering; some of them are brand new and others are transformed into different vehicles.) Where's Wheeljack? Where's Starfire? Where's Soundwave? Man, those were some of my favorites.

Overall, Transformer is a very good movie filled with action and a lot of unexpected humour. Worthy of the Transformer name. People, roll out and watch it!

No comments: