Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The world is dead

565 billion dollars. That’s the amount the world’s markets have lost due to the U.S subprime mortgage crisis. To give you a clearer idea of the loss; here it is in numbers form: 565,000,000,000.

Did I get that right?

Sorry, but I have never written such a big number before. Wait, there’s more! The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said that worldwide losses stemming from the crisis could hit 945 billion dollars as panic spreads in the global economy. To give you a clearer idea of the loss; here it is in numbers form: 945,000,000,000.

I did get that right…right?

My head is spinning just writing down the number. The crisis has without doubt spread beyond the U.S and Singapore has already been hit (look at the cooling property prices for an example). In the past they say when the U.S sneeze, the world get a cold. Now the U.S got a cold; I guess the world is dead.

Don’t believe me? See if you write out 945 billion dollars in numbers form.

No comments: