Thursday, September 11, 2008

Comics this week

World of Warcraft: Ashbringer #1- I am one of those guys who thought that the main World of Warcraft comic book was nothing but a gimmick to cash in on the WoW name. I admit I fear the same thing for Ashbringer. I wouldn't say that I'm wrong, but World of Warcraft: Ashbringer is a surprising good piece of work. The story is on the paladin, Alexandros Mograine, and the forging of his sword, Ashbringer. It shows Alexandros from the end of the second orc/human war to the fall of Arthas, and I must say they did it well. An effective story give the issue a fast pace feel which was good when there are so much history to go through. A good story and one the main series can hopefully learn from.

Secret Invasion #6- Finally! After 5 issues of people doing almost nothing, we are finally getting somewhere. Don't get me wrong, not much happen in this issue but at least the issue show us what we can expect for the next 2 issues. Characters still go through the motions (the new Captain America has all of 1 line) but anything is better than the no action, slow talk past 5 issues. Now if only Michael Bendis can stop if the "who do we trust" dialogue.

No comments: