Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Will Need Time

Americans got their first black president as Barack Obama became America’s first black president in history as his Republican challenger John McCain conceded defeat.

Now I know Obama was always leading in the pools, but I admit to thinking that America will NOT vote a black in as president. Something like that only happens in disaster movies and TV series. What can I say, America surprised me!

However, I think people should not have too high expectations for Obama. As the 44th president, Obama (and his vice-president, Joseph Biden), will have a lot of messes on his hands. George Bush is leaving the White House with his country in recession, fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and America’s reputation is tatters.

As solid and cool as Obama has been in this election, he will need time and I’m afraid people are expecting too much, too fast. However, if he governs America half as good as he ran his campaign; we shouldn’t have too much to worry about.

Here’s one blogger wishing him the best of luck.

No comments: