Saturday, June 20, 2009

Comics this week

Batman: Streets of Gotham #1- Since Bruce Wayne’s non-death in Batman RIP and Final Crisis, I had been less than impress with the Batman books. I accept Dick Grayson as Bruce’s logical replacement (till his return anyway) but was there really a need for the ‘Battle of the Cowl’ series outside money in the bank for DC? I don’t think so. Anyway with Dick and Damien now playing the Dynamic Duo, I was interested in how the Bat books will be. Streets of Gotham seem to be a point-of-view series as seem from the streets, so I thought I give it a try. The Manhunter back-story is a little unnecessary but it was interesting and suits the gritty feel of the main story. Streets of Gotham isn’t bad but it isn’t great either. Paul Dini will be need to do better to get me to pick up this series.

War of Kings: Ascension #3- After 2 issues, Ascension finally had something to do with the War of Kings. As anymore who read War of Kings #4 knows, Darkhawk will influence the war in a big way. That is the problem. I’ve read War of Kings #4 so I knew what was coming. This issue seems design for a big reveal at the end, unfortunately those of you who had read War of Kings #4 can skip this issue. I knew the end and I was also less than impress with how Chris got the armor back. Anger is the key of how he got the Darkhawk armor back? Is that really the best you can come up with?

No comments: