Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not Be Patient; But Be Smart

This morning I read the papers and found something incredibly ridiculous. The picture showed a man standing in front of a taxi, blocking it and shouting at the driver.

When asked why, the man said that the taxi-driver showed an obscene gesture to him and that’s why he was standing in front of the taxi shouting at the driver. The article said that the stand-off took 30 minutes to resolve.

Now some people will say be patient; I say be smart. I mean even if the man was correct and the taxi-driver did show an obscene gesture to him, you are standing in the middle of the road blocking the flow of traffic! Between an obscene gesture and standing in the middle of the road blocking traffic, which do you think is more serious?

If the Traffic Police comes and saw a man standing in the middle of the road blocking traffic, what do you think will happen? Between an obscene gesture and standing in the middle of the road blocking traffic, which do you think the Traffic Police will take more seriously?

Even if the man was correct and the taxi-driver did show an obscene gesture to him, you are already in the wrong by blocking traffic standing in the middle of the road. And no matter what kind of obscene gesture the taxi-driver show, blocking the flow of traffic is a far more serious.

3 comments:

Gar said...

I think the word you are looking for is obscene (not obscure).
Obscure means not clear.
Obscene means offensive.

I don't like correcting. I'm sure you can speak at least twice the number of languages I can fluently.

But we have to learn somehow.

I was going to email you privately but I couldn't find your address. You may delete this after you read it...

Ghost said...

Damm it, you right. I usually type it on Words before cut & paste it on the blog. Thanks

Ghost said...

Done & Changed