Monday, May 10, 2010

Paying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup

The South Africa 2010 FIFA World Cup next month is the most important sporting event in the world. After months of haggling, Singtel and Starhub finally confirmed that they had secured the Singapore broadcast rights to the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

SingTel and Starhub will both provide live broadcasts of all 64 matches however Singaporeans are up in hands over the pricing. The two telco operators are pricing the event at $66, but only if you subscribe before 31 May. They call this an early-bird discount as the cost will be increased to $88 after 31 May. 4 years ago for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, I paid $25 for the event and I thought that was expensive.

Well, I guess everything is relative. Seeing that is the last football competition I will be watching for awhile as I do not have Singtel Mio, I guess I will bit the bullet and pay.

No comments: