Thursday, August 26, 2010

Comics this week

Star Wars: Blood Ties #1- I’m not a fan of Star Wars comics. In fact, you can say I’m not a fan of Star Wars in general, however I did pick up this title, not because the father/son team of Jango and Boba Fett, but because of the art. The art of Chris Scalf in this issue was nothing short of excellent. I’m not a fan of photo realistic art in comic books but the moment I saw that dragon, uh…balyeg, I was sold. I also give Tom Taylor credit for trying to flesh out Jango and Boba. Personally I don’t understand why Star Wars fans like them so much (Boba I can understand as he was the badass who captured Han Solo, but Jango? The only thing he did in the movies was die), but Taylor did a fair job of it. It's a bit of a thankless task but the story wasn't the worst thing about the issue. The worst thing about this issue? All the Star Wars advertisements from toys to the new MMORPG (which is like 2 years away) that take up space for the story. We don’t need all that

No comments: