Friday, August 26, 2011

Classic Star Wars

I’m not a huge fan of Star Wars. Yes, I had seen all the movies, remember the important characters, know the “Luke, I am your father” line by Darth Vader but I’m not a huge fan of the franchise.

Having said that however, I do think the movies are classics. “A New Hope”, "The Empire Strikes Back", and to a lesser extend “The Return of the Jedi” are classics and by default, my views on classic movies is that they should NOT be mess with. Even if you are the director, screenwriter, creator of the classic, you should NOT change it!

Yes George Lucas, I’m speaking to you!

You did it once in 1997 when the “Star Wars: Special Editions" came out and the whole series was widely panned. I mean you had Greedo shoot first for god sake! Why would you want to subject Star Wars fans to that torture again? I don’t care if the latest adjustments you make for the Blu-ray editions are minor or that some of the changes are wanted by Star Wars fans; you don’t change the classics!

If you are that unhappy with the movies or that desperate for the money, remake/reboot “A New Hope”, "The Empire Strikes Back", and “The Return of the Jedi”. Just don’t add or subtract from the original version. Warts and all; classic movies should remain the same.

No comments: