Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sad State Of Music

1. Aqua, “Barbie Girl”
2. Los Del Rio, "Macarena"
3. Billy Ray Cyrus, "Achy Breaky Heart"
4. Vanilla Ice, "Ice Ice Baby"
5. Chumbawamba, "Tubthumping"
6. Hanson, "MMMBop"
7. Celine Dion, "My Heart Will Go On"
8. Baha Men, "Who Let The Dogs Out?"
9. Right Said Fred, "I'm Too Sexy"
10. 4 Non Blondes, "What's Up?"

This is the list from Rolling Stone Magazine on the “worst song of the 1990s”. As a guy who grew up in the 90s, I have to say I agree with most of the Top 10. I’m kind of surprised Aqua's "Barbie Girl" is voted the worst (Macarena & Achy Breaky Heart are both far worse in my view) and there are no songs from Boyzone or BackStreet Boys in the Top 10 but overall I’m okay with the list.

However you know what I feel sad about when I read this list? No, not my age but the fact that most of the songs on this list are better than the garbage coming out from Justin Bieber right now! When some of the worst songs from my generation can still beat the crap out of the hottest songs right now; now that’s sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they forgot to add: lemon tree.. *cringe

Ghost said...

Lemon Tree isn't that bad, surely not bad enough to be in the Top 10. I mean we are comparing it to songs like "I'm Too Sexy" here!