Thursday, November 10, 2011

Queue No. 3031

For the past month, I had been playing DC Online. A MMO set in the DC universe where you fight alongside Superman, Batman, The Joker among others, I found this to be a pretty good game.

The game is more of an action RPG than most MMOs but that’s not a problem for me. I always like games who take risk so it was okay for me. I was enjoying the game when the game went free-to-play (F2P) or more accurately a hybrid payment scheme. I admit; news of the game going F2P was one of the reasons I pick up the game in the first place. I have no problem with the game going F2P.

What I have a problem with is the way Sony screw up the transition. I still have days left on my subscription but when I login, it says, “You are queue no. 3031.” Now I can understand the influx of new players once the game goes F2P but surely under a hybrid payment scheme, you give priority to current subscripters right?

Not for Sony! I do not understand why but Sony does not have such a program. Sorry Sony but why in the world would I continue with my subscription with the game (which I was thinking of doing) if I am no. 3031 in queue along with all the F2P players who are queuing without paying a cent in subscription?

Giving priority to current paying customers ought to be a given. I have play F2P games and always understood that paying gamers have priority over me. Sony should have got this right from the moment the game went F2P but for some reason, this is not the case. For me, that is a terrible screw-up.

No comments: