Wednesday, February 15, 2012

6 Prints in 5 Months!

Reading the list of comics coming in this week, I saw this;
- JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 6TH PTG 3.99 DC

6th printing? The New 52 only came out about 5 months ago, the Justice League series is only at #5. I know because I collect it. However that’s not what I’m unhappy about. I’m unhappy about the fact that DC has 6 printing of an issue that only came out 5 months ago!

That is just so wrong on so many levels. Whatever happened to the rarity of books? I can understand their position. As a company, DC wants to make money but 6 printing in just 5 months is just overkill! Worse is that this is not a lone case. Batman #1 is into its 3rd printing.

These money grabbing tactics was what destroyed the comics market in the 90s. The massive printing of issues led to the collapse of the market 10 years ago, don’t DC knows that? Let’s not make the same mistake twice.

No comments: