Monday, April 30, 2012

Titanic 2

If you think the title of this post meant a sequel to the movie, you would be sorely mistaken. The title of this post is a new version of the Titanic that is being built in China!

At least that’s the plan cooked up by Clive Palmer, an Australia billionaire. Mr. Palmer unveiled plans to build a 21st century version of the doomed ship that will set sail in 2016. Titanic II will be built by a Chinese company, CSC Jinling Shipyard, and the ship will have the same dimensions as its predecessor.

Okay, maybe I’m being a little superstitious here but the omens for this ship are bad.

The original Titanic was sunk on its first voyage and now you want to build another Titanic? Not only that, you want to let a Chinese company build it? Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad, bad idea?

Man, when I read this, I thought this was a joke but it’s for real. Shows how much I know.

No comments: