Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Highlander Reboot


Rebooting! That seems to be the main thing ongoing in imagination-starved Hollywood right now. In the coming months, we are going to have reboots of Spiderman and Total Recall on our screens but don’t think for a moment they are stopping there.

Oh no they are not! Rumors are that there will be a reboot of the “Highlander” franchise. When I first read about it, I thought, “Cool! Nothing wrong with that.” Then I heard that the studio intend to have Ryan Reynolds as the new Highlander. Ryan Reynolds? 

For those of you with no idea, that’s the guy who was the Green Lantern. Ryan Reynolds, with his boyish looks and wholesome smile is going to be an immortal that cuts people’s heads off? Nothing against Reynolds (he exactly wasn’t that bad as Green Lantern) but just look at that face. Does that even remotely looks like a centuries old immortal Highland warrior to you? 

Sure as hell don't to me! I think I’ll pass on this reboot.

No comments: