Friday, May 11, 2012

Wrong Revamp

I was a fan of Lord of the Rings Online (LOTR). Notice the past tense I used as I haven’t been in the game for awhile. Ever since the game went F2P (free-to-play), I have lost most of my interest but I still try to keep myself up-to-date on developments in the game.

So when I read that Turbine was going to revamp the game, my thought it was a good idea. However when I read that Turbine was going to revamp Moria, my thoughts immediately changed. To the folks at Turbine; Moria don’t need a revamp. If you want to revamp something, do Mirkwood and Isengard instead.

Frankly, the problems of LOTR came after it went F2P. After the initial success of the F2P format, the game has suffered with poor expansions. “Siege of Mirkwood” was poor while “Rise of Isengard” was poor at best! So bad were they, I currently have no interest in the upcoming “Gap of Rohan”.

These 2 areas and their expansion are causing LOTR to bleed players. Forget Moria; compare to “Siege of Mirkwood” and “Rise of Isengard”, the “Mines of Moria” was heaven.

No comments: