Saturday, August 25, 2012

Puzzling And Ridiculous

I totally understand where Lance Armstrong is coming from. Now I’m no fan of the American who bullied his way to 7 Tour de France titles but seriously enough is enough.

Armstrong has over 500 dope tests in his career and never once has any of them came back positive but still the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is claiming that he was guilty of doping. The thing is…no one cares!

Armstrong may be a legend in the cycling world but he won the first of his titles over 10 years ago. And the man is retired! It is stupid and crazy for an anti-doping agency to be pursing a man who is no longer competing. What? Is there a lack of drug cheats currently competing in various sports nowadays?

Armstrong is right. This smells of a grudge and it seems personal. The US anti-doping agency had came out and said that it is stripping Armstrong of his Tour de France titles. That is both puzzling and ridiculous. How in the world can an “anti-doping agency” do that? Is the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency a sporting body now? I always though they are there only to catch drug cheats!

So even though I’m not a fan of him, I understand where Lance Armstrong is coming from. No matter how proud or stubborn you are, some things are just too ridiculous to fight against. If I was him, I would do the exact same thing; I’m retired and I’m going to enjoy my retirement.

No comments: