Friday, January 4, 2013

Videogames and Museums


Now there are some people who say videogames are a new art form. That video games are as deserving of discussion as any other kind of art form like movies and television. So I guess that’s the reason why in America, the Smithsonian American Art Museum and Museum of Modern Art both had opened exhibitions on “The Art of Video Games”.

Like I said, it’s totally understandable…now please excuse me while I vomit out my lunch!

Sorry but videogames and museums do not go together! Now as a gamer myself, I’m not saying videogames aren’t an art form but videogames in a museum? Videogames has been around for over 30 years but going to a museum to see videogames? Sorry, not to be an anti-snob, but there is just something seriously, seriously wrong with that. 

No comments: