Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Why DC? WHY?



Over at The Civilian Reader, it was reported that the best comic series on the stand right now, “I, Vampire”, is coming to an end. It is a piss-poor decision that defy logic!

In the 20 odd years of collecting comics, I had seen more than a few series come and go. Most of the time, I can understand why it happen. Even great series like “Hellstorm, Prince of Lies” and “Nova”, if their sales aren’t great, I can understand why the companies axed the series. It's sad; it's unfair; but the companies need to make money, so I can understand the decision.

“I, Vampire” doesn’t really fall into that category. The acclaimed series by Josh Fialkov and Andrea Sorrentino don’t have great sales figures but it isn’t the worst either at DC. There are some series whose sales figures are around “I, Vampire” and are nowhere near as acclaimed as it is. Yet they survived while this series get the axed! I don't know the background on why and how the decision came about but it is an insane decision. This is a great series that deserve more than just 19 issues.

Sadly, talking about it won’t change anything as the decisions has been made but…why DC? WHY?

No comments: