Thursday, February 21, 2013

“Harlem Shake” Is Not A Dance!

I wouldn’t call myself a music person. I listen to the radio and know the songs, but I can’t play an instrument and can’t sing to save my life. However even though I’m a non-music person; it is still better than dance!

I can at least understand why people like the music they like (even if I don’t agree with them), but when it comes to dance…I can’t do it. I can’t dance. And if I try, I look like a bloated whale washed up on a beach.

The Macarena, Gangnam Style; never done them even when the crazes were at their peaks. Can’t do them either; yes I’m that bad.

However, as much as I can’t do either of those dance craze; it is nothing compare to the total confusion I have with the newest dance sensation, the "Harlem Shake". In case you don’t know what it is; the "Harlem Shake” usually has one person breaking out a dance move to a beat before some other people join in with their own style. The dance has no particular step or style; in fact, supposedly the more awkward looking the move, the better. YouTube now has over 12,000 “Harlem Shake” videos and thousands are being added everyday.

I wish to state my views clearly on this. “Harlem Shake” is not a dance!

I mean as bad as the Macarena and Gangnam Style is, at least there are some stupid movements you need to follow. This latest dance fad doesn’t even have that! “Harlem Shake” has no moves, no steps, no rhythm; you just do whatever you want.

Hell, even I can do it! So please, don’t call “Harlem Shake” a dance. Any dance move I can do is no dance move at all.

No comments: