Friday, July 26, 2013

Against The Shadow of The Batman

Earlier this week, news broke that the "Man of Steel" sequel will feature Batman in a team-up with Superman. I said I wasn't in favor of it. Now it is reported that Teen Wolf star, Tyler Hoechlin, is in line to be the new Bruce Wayne.

If I am him, I wouldn't touch the role with a 10-foot pole. 

The simple reason been that if he do take the role, he will be compared to actor Christian Bale. In "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight", and "The Dark Knight Rises", Bale has made the role his own. He is The Batman; The Bruce Wayne. He will be forever linked to the role like the way Christopher Reeves is linked to Superman.

Although I think Hoechlin is doing a fine job on Teen Wolf, going up against the shadow of Bale is another matter altogether. Frankly, I don't like the odds of anyone when compared to Bale. If I am Hoechlin, I would just say no. 

No comments: