Thursday, June 19, 2014

If You Pay; Then Shut It!


The World Cup may have already started, but Singaporeans are still complaining about the $112 you need to pay to watch the World Cup here in Singapore. Arguably the highest price in the world, Singaporeans have to pay this price to Singtel to watch the World Cup here.

Here's a suggestion to everyone; don't watch.

That's what I'm doing. Every time there's a World Cup, I will watch it. In the last World Cup, I managed to watch every game. Granted not every game was live when I watched it, but I managed to catch every match. I honestly  can't remember the last World Cup I didn't watch, I think it may be France or earlier, but for the first time in god know how long, I'm not watching it.

The reason is that I just can't justify to myself to pay $112 for a one month tournament. To me, it's just not worth it. With all the complains, it seems a lot of Singaporeans agree with me. If that's the case, then DON'T pay! If you really want to watch the World Cup that badly, then pay the money and shut up.

Get use to it, You're going to be paying more in 2018. 

No comments: