Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Comics this week

Copperhead #3- Till now, Copperhead has been trying to be space western/murder mystery/family drama, all at the same time. It's a show of writer Jay Faerber's skill that thus far he had managed to juggle so many balls in the air so well. Artist Scott Godlewski has been ably assisting him by producing some excellent clean art. Having said all that, I have to wonder how things would be in a few issues time when more things are introduced and the world get bigger. Thus far, the series is still strong.

Earth 2: World’s End #6- The fightback continues as the World Government and the Earth's defenders make their stand and (finally) put a dent in Darkseid's forces. However I have to wonder about the last page reveal. I mean of all the people in the world, the White picked him? Why? I can't think of a single reason why and how that could be considered a good choice. In fact, it stick out like a sore thumb.

Spider-Verse #1- I must say I'm surprised that #1 of Spider-Verse has so little to do with the Spider-Verse crossover. Instead of being a part of the crossover, #1 is actually six stories showing the various Spiders of the multiverse and you know what; I'm shocked at how well it worked! Not only are the Spiders different, I love the stylish ways the stories were presented. Lady Spider is a steampunk story while Penelope Parker is...a Powerpuff Girl! Okay, not all of them work but there are some real gems here and I love it when writers and artists take risks. That's Spider-Verse #1 is. A risk-taking issue with more plus than minus. Take a look. 

No comments: