Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Game of Thrones Coloring Book

You guys heard if a coloring book called “Secret Garden”? If you don’t, then let me tell you “Secret Garden” is an immensely successful coloring book…for adults.

Yes, you read that right. There are coloring books for adults and one of them, “Secret Garden” is so popular it has been translated into 22 languages and has sold more than 1.4 million copies. Absolutely totally ridiculous! I mean coloring books for adults? Primary school children are ashamed of coloring books and a coloring book for adults had sold 1.4 million copies?

Then I heard that they are going to publish a Game of Thrones-themed coloring book.

Yes, the fantasy juggernaut from George R.R. Martin will now have a coloring book, one aimed firmly at adults. Suddenly, I get it. A coloring book based on the “Song of Ice and Fire” saga makes sense for adults with all the nudity, violence and death.

If you are telling me I can get to color Ned Stark’s execution, Jamie Lannister’s hand getting chopped off, or the Red Wedding, then I am in! 

No comments: