Sunday, September 6, 2015

Not A Chance

Drop it? Not a chance!

That's seems to be the word from the Worker's Party (WP) on the Aljunied-Hougang Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) issue. For years, the WP has been under attack from the ruling People's Action Party (PAP) on the AHPETC and I will say now what I said then; Singaporeans don't care!

As long as my bills do not increase and the garbage get cleared on time, who cares how much it cost the town council to do the job. Honestly, I have no idea how much money my town council uses to run my ward and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. The attacks by the PAP on the WP on the AHPETC issue was stupid from the get-go and now that they realized there's no traction n the ground, the PAP want to move on to other tropics. 

"Not a chance," says the WP. Sensing the mood on the ground, the WP now will not let the matter rest, worse they are going on the counterattack! WP chief Low Thia Khiang said in a rally speech on Saturday night that in 2013 when they took over the Punggol East ward after the by-election, the ward had a deficit of $280,000.

Now, Mr. Low may have smudged the truth a little as the PAP say although there was a deficit in the fund to the tune of $282,009, the amount could be claimed as reimbursement from the CIPC fund. However the point has been made; there was a deficit and it happened during the PAP watch. 

So let the AHPETC saga drop? Not if the WP can help it.

No comments: