Tuesday, December 8, 2015

38 Oxley Road

Should the bungalow at 38 Oxley Road be torn down?

For those who do not know, this bungalow was the home of the late Mr. Lee Kuan Yew and his family now want to tear it down as per the wishes of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew. However some misty-eyed Singaporeans now want the bungalow to be considered a National Heritage site due to its “deep historical value”.

Sorry but I don’t buy it. Yes, I’ sure there were some momentous decisions made in that house but to me, our wishes is secondary to the wishes of the man himself. Mr. Lee want the house to be demolished and considering what he had done for Singapore, respecting this minor request is the very least we should do.

Honestly, I don’t think there too much to argue about. The man wanted his house tore down. To me, that's should be it. Respect his wishes and do it. 

No comments: