Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Straight Fight

It is set. The Bukit Batok by-election on 7 May will be a straight fight between People’s Action Party’s (PAP) Murali Pillai and the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan. No other candidates will be contesting. 

However I don't think it will make any difference. I know the PAP do not have the best track record in by-elections but I will be very surprise if the PAP lose this one. Before David Ong had to resign due to his affair, he won the Bukit Batok seat handsomely with over 70% of the votes in the 2015 General Election. It's hard to imagined the SDP overcoming that number even with the "by-election effect".

Yes, Chee Soon Juan has a chance but it's a slim one and I think everyone knows it. Guess we'll find out on 7 May. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow did you guys see the hot PAP chick standing behind Murali featured in Straits Times page A6. Wow with hot chicks like that no wonder David could not take it. I must quickly join the grassroots, it is really happening with all these hot chicks. Anyone know who she is, not Murali's wife I hope