Friday, September 9, 2016

Too Late to The Party?



Embarrassingly, I have to admit I had never really played World of Warcraft (WoW). I know, I know; WoW is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2004 and had 6 expansions since then. How can I say I never played it?

Well, I played the starter edition before which means my characters are all at the max of level 20 but I never had been a subscriber. It’s a good game but I never had the urge to sub to the game before because I never thought of it as a great one. The latest expansion, Legion, has me seriously reconsidering that.

From what I see online and read almost everywhere, Blizzard seems to have scored big with Legion. Fans loved it and watching clips of the expansion on Youtube, I can see why. However it is a 12 year old game with 6 expansions. The max level is 110!

So, am I too late? Is it too late to get into the game now? What do you think? 

1 comment:

Gar said...

With the last expansion they'd let you bump one of your existing characters up to level 90 so even if you hadn't player or hadn't played much you could still enjoy the expansion.
Unfortunately, I played (back in 2004) and the game, IMO, was much more fun back then. It required a certain amount of intelligence to play.
Now all it takes is time and I enjoy games that exercise the brain.